Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Poverty vs. Wealth

I have a problem with anyone being monetarily rich WHILE poverty remains. We must all be globally sufficient and secure or continue to fight poverty with our individually accumulated wealth. I don't take joy in the fact that I am giving all of my money away. I do take joy in the fact that I am part of a process to make all of us wealthy and global poverty a term in history books of generations past. The only reservation to this activity is the possibility of creating monetary idols for those that are secured and ransomed from poverty that is why the Gospel of Christ must be present so that those looking for life in the midst of their weak or strong economic state may find it.

I know that sounded somewhat Ronald Siderish but I think it is an essential mentality for a Christian seeking to be about the things of God to seek to rid the world of poverty and meet all available needs.

No comments: