Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Exit

Everyone Leaves. Its just a fact of life. Friends move on, love interests no longer are interested and then the exit comes. The Blackout happens and the show adjourns until someone is naive enough to pay for another performance of the same thing. I can feel myself getting very cold now. I think I am grasping to remain human. The cynicism is slowly creeping into my veins.

Kate left. She decided to not go to the lake because "its not going to work" and "I(speaking of me) have to much conflict in my life" what a wonderful epitaph on a tombstone. I had been looking forward to the lake for over a month - since my parents first confirmed the trip. The trip was suppose to be a relaxing vacation with Kate. Thats why I was looking forward to it. Not for me specifically but more so for us. Now there is no us and I'm going to choose to forget she ever existed. I don't know her. The Kate I thought I knew wouldn't just one day up and decide to go over conflict after a party weekend in Austin. Shes unsafe and just like all unsafe things I am slowly weeding them out of my life I don't need anymore disappointments. This is uncontrollably hard for me to say and the last thing I need in my life right now but - Goodbye Kate.

No comments: