Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sound Bites from the Battlefield

I spent the evening yesterday with the Living hope off shoot church start beginning in Bryan. After a time of hanging out and eating we entered into a time of prayer.

One woman as we were praying mentioned God you have shown me these hard things that you are asking me to sacrifice (paraphrase) "please give me joy to do what you ask me to" I thought that was breath-takingly authentic as she wept extensively over her situation.

God would joy of who you are accompany us through the valley of the shadow of death. May we fear no evil, may we find sparks of hope. May the breeze of the Spirit carry away the stale air.

As Cornelius prayed in Mark "Lord I believe, help me in my unbelief"

May we taste and see how good you are, may we in a very real and practical way find joy in you as we attempt to be disciplined and follow you. God enable us with your spirit

No comments: