Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Romanticizing Africa

A thought I had today as I was therapy walking in the park. I have to write it down. It was almost as clear as an audible from God.

"I don't have a right to go and die in Africa, until I am willing to die and be humiliated openly here in America. It seems that to run off to Africa or China and die for the cause of Christ is more than a Martyr complex and its more than being foolish, its extremely cowardly. Christ was scorned and rejected, openly humiliated and beaten by His own people the Jews. I hope I remember that. Lately the hardest thing for me to do is to call people out in my own body. To deal with the hypocrisy around me and in my own life. That kinda stuff is really humiliating and foundational to the Christ-exalting missional mindest."

"Don't woos out, thats the ultimate sell out, be a man"

It is truly a time to be bold. I love Living Hope and there is a lot of authenticity in this body but there is a ton of religiosity I'm seeing. I know when I get pressed on it or confront it I'm gonna take some flack. It will probably be sorrowful, but I have to die to that scorn for the sake of holiness and truth among the body.

I really hope we get away from this actions and attitude like we have it all together. Religion sells but their is no warranty. Praise You Jesus for being the foundational rock.

No comments: