Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memories of Kate

Its funny how things happen, fade and then resurface. It maybe uncertain where the road leads but I want to remember the good stuff because there is a lot of it and then if I have to put it away to dampen the sting of mourning.

In no particular order are fond memories of Kate and I: (I will add more later)

*Kate at my parents house in her navy pajamas sitting on the floor against the chair.

*Going for a walk on our land and Kate taking pictures

*Showing Kate around Carthage and her realizing that she had previously been there on roadtrip

*Watching movies with her in Christopher's bed and falling asleep

*Snuggling up close together as we did fireworks

*Kate going hunting with me in west texas

*The funny long drive there to the camp

*Kate shooting different guns

*Kate sitting in the deerstand with me as we watched the deer

*Kate and I searching for a possibly hit deer that was actually missed

*Kate putting an amazing shot on her first doe that is now in the freezer

*Kate learning how to clean a deer

*Kate and I discussing the merits and ethics of deer hunting

*Kate and I taking care of the Zoe at the ranch

*Me getting to take care of Kate while she is sick

*Kate and I finding Zoe, and then going and getting care items for her at wal-mart and then taking her to the vet together.

*Kate cleaning my place before she left and leaving sticky notes everywhere.

*Kate greeting me when I came home from work with her hair down and a big smile as she had decorated my place with artwork and pictures, sticky notes with sweet phrases.

*Kate and I moving her into Arlington and listening to stand up comedy.

*Kate and I driving to the airport in Dallas so she could fly to Denver.

*Kate taking me on the campus of Baylor, through the halls of some of the buildings and us stepping over the wimpy stream in the middle.

*Kate graciously going with me to tour around Gander Mountain even though it was clearly uncomfortable with her.

(To Be Continued)

1 comment:

in transit said...

I love how the majority of these revolve around hunting!