Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Monday, May 26, 2008

The Giver

Yes I know its the title of a wonderful book, but I am focusing on this being a theme of my future financial situation. I have really been struggling with this notion of what Fiscally responsible Christian looks like. Is it okay to be wealthy? Must I give everything away. What defines a good steward from an alright steward. How does God get the most glory? I think Kate is very right that God doesn't get the most glory from me going without and plunging myself into poverty to fight poverty around me - that is just poverty role reversal. I'm blogging about this now because I have reached my conclusion. I want to live a life where I give more than I keep. Regardless of how much I make. That is my goal any thoughts from my entourage of readers?

1 comment:

Shanna*Renee said...

hey. Im sure you had no idea I check out your blog. :)

But I completely agreed with you and Kate on the fact "that God doesn't get the most glory from me going without and plunging myself into poverty to fight poverty around me", but on that note... Under the Overpass by Mike Yankoski is a story of a guy who does give up everything to experience homelessness, and share with people on the streets the love and hope that is found in God. Its an awesome read... You should check it out.

P.S. Im still waiting on that catching up thing.