Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Reflecting On This Journal

I just finished a journal. A journal that I have had longer than most. A journal full of many things. Because of this I used the last couple of pages as a reflection page on the journal as a whole, what came out was rather humbling. God is Good. Below is the final reflective entry.

Reflections of this Journal:

This time has been varied and confusing at many points because of my sin.
I have seen Jesus and I have seen death.
I have written of love and lust.
Selfishness and sacrifice.
I have known both chaos and contentment
Joy and defeat.
I have raised my weaponry in defense and I have abandoned those weapons before the throne.
Hatred emptied into the gulf of love to never be identified again.
I have learned by experience of what it is to actually be able to echo Paul's words of being content in all things.
Its not a measure of pretty words to gauge the place of my heart and its not the performance of my actions or the success of the endeavor ventured in.

It truly is a matter of belief
A matter of faith in the unseen, the Bigger than I.
To know that I am not but that He has enabled me that I am.
No fear can fence me
No lady can limit or liberate me
For its the grace of the King that draws the peasant into His courts.
This journal has revealed more than I can share.
It has not revealed all yet.
I am still learning how the past teaches one's eye to see the beauty of the present and evoke the heart into prayer and praise for the future.
I don't know of certainty apart from God. and placed in man's ventures.
I don't believe it exists
I do however renounce the fear that lies to the Christian.
The fear that gives a small perspective of God and a large view of man's discovery of hope.
I want to instead walk in His ways
Know Him and be known by Him
To love them for He has loved me.
May the love of Jesus Christ compel me

I pray that this may be helpful to some that you can read betwen the lies of this world and push past them to the Hope of God, through the Grace of the Son, Communicated by the Holy Spirit.

No comments: