Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Being a Godly man

A thought I had today with God:

We submit to God because he is worthy of our submission. He is honorable, revered, full of love and grace. but more than simple attributes the core of who God is makes Him worthy of our submission. Not because of what he gives or does but because of who he is "God almighty." That makes Him worth submitting to not just worth it as an optional thing, but compels and even commands our submission.

Application:
Am I a guy really worthy of a lady submitting to? I mean not because of what I could do for her or provide for her or impress her....anyone with enough money and "Hitch" training can do that... but Is my person, and character someone that a God-seeking lady could look to and honestly say 'it's my joy to submit to you because of WHO you are"

That is the Biblical standard us single men have to evaluate ourselves with and I know that such a standard I can't attain without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit (Me submitting to Christ)

Help me God for me to submit to you rather than adventure out on my own. It is my sinful nature to disregard you. Help me to submit continually to you.

Help my future wife to go against her sinful nature after the fall of rebelling against me (see Gen 3:15-16) and empower her to live in submission.

No comments: