Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Drink and Be Filled

I long for satisfaction
in the wastelands of materialism
the emptiness that comes with feasting on carnal trash
chases me through moments of hopelessness
Reeling for lasting anything

You find me...
In the midst of my nothingness
Offering all, at no cost
Aware that I have nothing
At which to recompense

Nothing but nails
To crucify you
Justifying my condemnation, yet yielding grace
The merciful reward, despite myself
The blood i drew you purchased my hope.

I'm undone in my cruelty
Overtaken by my depravity
But now lost in your kindness
I'm now known and alive
You traversed the gulf between us

So I may drink and be filled
Satisfied beyond understanding
Lost, yet found in you
My sin you atoned
My life you bought

No comments: