Called into and unto the God who created, redeemed and is perfecting me

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Preparing for the future...Engaging Postmodernism

I am in a stage of preparation. I don't enjoy it naturally.

I need the grace of God to give me joy and contentment in this time.

I'm preparing to venture out as a minister of the Gospel vocationally.

God is developing all aspects of my character right now. Its intense and at times paralyzing to see the weight of my sin and the huge lack of ability I have, forcing me to trust in Him for all things in the moment and ahead.

Currently reading: The Truth War by John McArthur

I highly recommend this book!

The postmodernist view of one's inability to know truth and their certainty of there being no absolute truth is horrifying.

This explains greatly how confused and disillusioned our culture is and the depths of our focus turning evermore inward and selfish clinging to anything that will function as an anesthetic for the pain and need of fulfillment in the moment, because under there thinking, nothing is true or certain. So, if it works today -the drug, ideology, relationship, thought etc... use it, use it fast and don't count on it.

From such line of thought one can see the despairing selfishness that we are spiraling downward into.

The Bible proposes truth and truth is a a person. Jesus - John 14:6.

The Bible is not at odds with history or Reason. Almost all of Paul's claims when he preaches and writes to the new testament churches are logic driven.

This will be the task at hand I believe for the rest of my life:

Defending the faith against:

Religious pluralism
The Emergent Church Movement
Pop Culture Theology -Dr. Phil, Oprah
Fundamentalism ideals birthed out of traditionalism rather than Biblical Christianity

No comments: